This is a very simple way to build your own work bench! If you’re looking to add a craft table or workspace in just an hour, then you need to build one of these.
The dimensions can be customized to fit your space too!
I like a tall worktable, but you can cut the legs shorter to lower the height of the table.
- Miter saw (circular saw will work too)
Cut list and supplies:
- Table legs 39 inches long. I used 3x4s, but 4x4s work too.
- 2×4: 3 pieces at 60 inches long, 4 pieces at 24 inches long.
- Table top: I used an old laminate desk top. You can re-use a desk top or similar, or put plywood on top.
- Screws: 2 1/2″ inch long trim head screws
To start, cut your boards to length. It will be easier to assemble if the boards are pre-cut.
Lay two of the legs on a flat surface and place a 24 inches piece at the top and bottom. Make sure the distance in between the legs is the same at 18 inches to ensure the frame is straight.
I also check with a square.
Then repeat for the second side, and stand the frames up.
Add the top long pieces by screwing them into the legs.
Flip it over, and add the bottom brace. (I used a 1×4 here instead of a 2×4)
Now we are ready to add the top!
I’m using a desk top I found used, but you can use plywood or even scrap boards. Just screw them in to hold.
I am using brackets and attaching from underneath.
Once your top is on, that’s it!
I told you it was the easiest work table to build yourself! Now, get back to your woodworking projects!